24 Oct / 26 Oct 2023
08:00 - 18:00 (CEST)
Wageningen, The Netherlands
Mission in brief
The fifth thematic mission of the AURORA project will take place in Wageningen, the Netherlands between Tuesday 24 and Thursday 26 of October. Are you interested in the topic of Personalised Nutrition, and in discovering the rich ecosystem of Foodvalley around this topic? Then join our 3-day programme!
About Wageningen, Foodvalley and personalised nutrition
Wageningen University and Research, and the ecosystem around it (named Foodvalley) is often regarded as one of the leading environments for innovation in agrifood. One domain in which the ecosystem is active, is the subject of Personalised Nutrition in relation to health:
‘Personalised nutrition could be a service or a product. It uses individual-specific information, is founded in evidence-based science and has the goal to give consumers control and promote a positive, sustainable dietary behavioural change. This may then result in measurable benefits for personal goals like health improvement and health maintenance, or disease specific benefits.’
This mission is designed for professionals working in the health & nutrition field, and in particular to those interested in further developing and scaling the topic of personalised nutrition. This includes experts working on R&D, healthcare, nutritionists, researchers, scientists, dieticians, but also professionals working in related fields such as AI, sensors and digital solutions in relation to food & health.
- Get to know the Foodvalley ecosystem
- Participate in the conference ‘Conference Personalised Nutrition and Health’
- Site visits to relevant companies and organisations
- Meet and match with companies from Foodvalley’s Personalised Nutrition Community
- Presentations from experts in the field
- Networking dinners and drinks
October 24th: two options:
- Option 1: Participate in Conference Personalised Nutrition and Health (full day, organised by WUR). Entrance fee: € 495.
- Option 2: Visit to Food-X Ede with intro on NL food innovation ecosystem, World Food Center tour and Innovation tasting
- Morning session on topic of PN, together with OnePlanet Research and Health Valley.
- Lunch and short presentation at Unilever Hive
- Introduction of Foodvalley NL, PN and Communities. Pitches from several Partners and networking opportunities
- Visit to NIZO Food Research in Ede
- Visit to Donders Instituut (Radboud University) Nijmegen. Several presentations on Food & Cognition, visit to MRI scanner.
- Lunch at Papendal Olympic Sports Facility in Arnhem
- Tour on Papendal facilties, presentations on Food & Performance, visit to Top Sports Restaurant and closing with a networking drink.
This agenda is indicative and may be subject to change.
Led by Valorial alongside four other agri-agro and tech clusters, the European AURORA project focuses on food quality, safety and authenticity in a context of green and digital transition.
Thomas van der Lee (Foodvalley) – email@example.com